Episode 73: Is the AAP Telling Women How to Breastfeed?
Breastfeeding, Myths July 6, 2022
In today’s episode, Jacqueline discusses the latest policy statement put out by the AAP. She’ll clear up some of the common myths and misconceptions about the statement, as well as give her unbiased interpretation of the policy update.
This statement has been widely misinterpreted by social media since its release, but Jacqueline clears all of that up in this episode. This episode contains factual, scientific information.
The AAP describes itself as “We’re 67,000 pediatricians committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.”
In today’s show, we discuss:
- Common myths and misconceptions about the AAP statement
- What exactly the AAP is trying to accomplish with the statement
- Jacqueline’s unbiased interpretation of the policy statement
A Glance at This Episode:
- [1:20] What is the AAP?
- [3:16] The statement released by the AAP on June 27, 2022
- [7:37] How public figures are misinterpreting this information
- [12:51] Why mental health was left out of the statement
- [20:00] Jacqueline breaks down what the AAP is trying to accomplish with the statement
- [24:53] Jacqueline’s view on the statement
- AAP Technical Report
- AAP Policy Statement June 27, 2022
- AAP Press Release
- Holistic Lactation Website
- Follow on Instagram
- The Nurture Collective
- Our Advanced Lactation Formula supplement for naturally increasing & sustaining milk supply
Other ways to enjoy this episode:
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Subscribe on Spotify | Join The Nurture Collective®: Our Expert-Led Course + Community