Episode 78: Low Milk Supply: True or False?
Low Supply August 10, 2022
In this episode, Jacqueline talks about a common and frustrating problem that a lot of moms have, perceived low milk supply.
Many moms will think they have a low milk supply, but actually they are just fine and are often lacking some education on what normal breastfeeding/pumping looks like.
This episode clears it all up for you—whether you’re a new mom, a seasoned mom, or just new to breastfeeding.
Jacqueline shares the top reasons that moms think they have a low milk supply, and what an actual low milk supply would look like. She also shares breastfeeding resources, and gives tips on when to seek professional help.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How online ‘coaches’ are popping up more on social media and the safety concern for your babies medical wellbeing
- All about the letdown/Milk Ejection Reflex
- Knowing how to read your baby’s hunger cues and when to work with a professional
- Why moms think they have a low milk supply and what a low milk supply actually would look like
- Milk transfer vs. milk production
- Problems and myths around perceived low milk supply
A glance at this episode:
- [7:06] The difference between coaches and medical providers.
- [8:13] The rumor behind not having a letdown when nursing and how this is highly inaccurate
- [13:51] The most common reason moms think they have a low milk supply
- [21:40] Working with a professional to identify why your baby is crying
- [25:22] The best ways we have for breastfeeding success
- [28:31] Milk transfer vs. milk production
- [34:39] Problems that arise from perceived low milk supply
- [38:36] Perceived low milk supply with pumping
- [47:20] Myths around low milk supply
- Studies mentioned:
- Holistic Lactation Website
- Follow us on Instagram
- ? If you are truly struggling with breastmilk production, check out our Advanced Lactation Formula supplement or consider booking a Low Milk Supply Consultation or Pumping Consultation with us
- ? Looking for more trusted knowledge and a deep dive on how to know what’s what with breastfeeding and how to overcome problems? Check out our support community The Nurture Collective®
Other ways to enjoy this episode:
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Subscribe on Spotify | Join The Nurture Collective®: Our Expert-Led Course + Community